WELCOME BACK! We can’t wait to see you all in person again! We are proud to announce our office is now reopen for ‘non-aerosol generating’ appointments!
We will be in contact with you to schedule your appointment as soon as we can. We must limit the number of people we have in the office at a time. We will be staggering the scheduling of patients we see each day, as well as adding additional clinic time so that we can spread out appointments more effectively. In light of these changes, it may take longer to get your appointment rescheduled. We ask for your patience (and a little grace!) as we navigate this time together.
Things will work a little differently for a while. We’ll be taking some extra precautions to help ensure the safety of our patients, staff, and community as a whole. You can always expect the highest quality care, service, and safety when you’re with us.
As we prepare to provide treatment again, we would like to share with you the protocol that we will be implementing. We utilize hospital-level sterilization techniques–always. You can count on us to continue to be diligent in our efforts to keep our office safe for you and your family.
Prior to Your Appointment
- Please brush your teeth prior to arriving at our office. Our toothbrushing stations are currently closed.
- If you are an Invisalign patient, please come to the office wearing your aligners.
- Please help us by arriving 5 minutes early so that you’ll have plenty of time to complete your pre-screening questionnaire. We have strict timelines for appointments to ensure everyone’s safety, so any late arrivals may need to be rescheduled.
- If your child is making their own way to our office for their appointment, please contact us ahead of time so that we can make the necessary arrangements for the pre-screening questionnaire to be completed by a responsible party.
What to Bring
- A mask or mouth covering. To be seen in the office, you will be required to wear a mask at this time (if you do not have one, we can provide you with one).
When you arrive in the parking lot
- You will notice signs that will direct you to scan a QR code to check in. The QR code will direct you to this link: cvdsafe.com/oceans where you will be asked to complete a short pre-screening questionnaire. Once you complete the wellness survey, our office will be notified that you are here.
- When we are ready for you, one of our awesome team members will come out to the parking lot to take your temperature with a no-touch thermometer.
- Please keep an eye out for us. They will then escort you to the office, dispense hand sanitizer, and open the door for you.
- Here is a video to show how this will look: Check in and pre-appointment screening
In the Office
- You can expect all of our team members to be wearing the recommended PPE throughout your time here. All team members will undergo full screening upon arrival at the office each day.
- Patients should enter the office alone. We ask that at this time, parents and siblings wait in the car. In an effort to keep our space as safe and sanitary as possible, our waiting room will remain closed. Don’t worry– it won’t be that way forever! A little extra caution at this time makes all of us safer.
- Upon entering the office, check-in will look a bit different. When you arrive, and once your hands are sanitized, you will be taken directly to your appointment by a member of the OEO team.
- All patients and staff will work together in the office to observe social distancing guidelines and proper hand washing and sterilization.
- Once the appointment is complete, a team member will walk you back to the front of the office, where you will use hand sanitizer again prior to leaving.
- Full cleaning and disinfecting will take place between each appointment to ensure your safety.
- Our team will reach out via phone, text or Dental Monitoring to schedule your next appointment when it is needed. This will no longer take place when you are at the office.
Parents: If you have any specific concerns you’d like us to address, please feel free to contact us prior to the appointment.
After Your Appointment
- For the safety and health of our other patients and staff, we are kindly asking that you monitor your own health and of those you are in close contact with for a period of two weeks following your visit to our office. During that two week period, should you or someone that you have had contact with, develop symptoms of COVID-19, please call our office and report this so that we can take appropriate precautions.
- We must limit the number of people we have in the office at a time. Please know, we understand the urgency with wanting to continue your treatment and we want to be able to provide that for you. While the nature of our services does not allow for social distancing between clinician and patient, we are practicing social distancing between patients, taking every possible precaution to prevent exposure, and keeping foot traffic in our office to a minimum. In light of these changes, it may take longer to get your appointment rescheduled. We ask for your patience as we navigate this time together.
- We will continue to closely monitor and adjust our procedures (to include aerosol appointments) based on the recommendations of the College of Dental Surgeons and local governing officials. Please check back for updates or reach out to us with any questions.
You can count on us to continue to provide orthodontic care in the safest way possible. We are looking forward to seeing everyone again, welcoming you back to our office, and having fun giving you a beautiful smile!